Our processing of personal information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number, will be undertaken consistent with the requirements of applicable privacy laws, including, but not limited to, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”), the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”), and the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”).
- Information We Collect
2.1 Personal Information We Collect Directly from You
We receive personal information as described to you at the point of collection, pursuant to your consent, and/or when you voluntarily provide us with personal information. This information may include:
- Registration and Account Setup Information:In order to use certain aspects of the Theundergroundboston Services, will need to register for an account and submit a username and valid email address. You may also provide your name and other personal information (such as birthday, gender, location) in connection with your account and activity. You can edit or remove this information through your account settings. The user name associated with your account (which you may modify in your account settings) is publicly displayed and connected to your Theundergroundboston Services activity. Other members may see the date you joined; ratings, reviews and information relating to items you review, and related photos you post.
- Communications:When you sign up to receive communications and marketing materials from the Theundergroundboston Services you are also required to provide personal information such as your name and email address.
- Additional Information:In addition, you may be asked to provide optional personal information during registration to enhance the Theundergroundboston Services experience. Additional personal information that you may provide to us includes personal information provided through feedback, pictures you upload, comments, ratings, reviews, messages, emails, posts to public discussion boards, event registrations, and/or answers to surveys or questionnaires that you may submit.
- Payment Information:If you choose to purchase any of our products or services, you will be required to provide personal information such as your name, email address, address, phone number, and payment information.
We may also collect additional information, which may be personal information, as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
2.2 Information We Automatically Collect When You Use Our Theundergroundboston Services
In order to access and use certain areas or features of the Theundergroundboston Services, you consent to our collection and use of certain personal information about your physical location if you use the Theundergroundboston Services on a device that has location enabled (including GPS, cellular, and Wi-Fi networks) or from your browser or by other passive means. Your consent to our access and use of this “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Theundergroundboston Services, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on the Theundergroundboston Services, the pages you looked at on the Theundergroundboston Services, other webpages you visited before and after visiting the Theundergroundboston Services, the type of device and/or internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to the Theundergroundboston Services, and other relevant statistics (collectively “Traffic Data”):
- How We Collect Information
We collect information (including personal information and Traffic Data) when you use and interact with the Theundergroundboston Services, and in some cases from third party sources. Such means of collection include:
- When you access, use, or contact us through the Theundergroundboston Services.
- When you voluntarily provide information through the Theundergroundboston Services.
- If you use a location-enabled browser, we may receive information about your location and device.
- Through Cookies, Web Beacons, analytics services, and other tracking technologies (collectively, “Tracking Tools”).
- Tracking Tools, Behavioral Advertising, and Opt Out Options
4.1. Tracking Tools
We may use tools outlined below in order to provide the Theundergroundboston Services, advertise to, and better understand users.
- Absolutely necessary Cookies.These Cookies are essential to enable you to move around a website and use its features. Without these Cookies, services you have asked for, like adding items to an online order, cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies.These Cookies collect information about how you use the Theundergroundboston Services. Information collected includes, the Internet browsers and operating systems used, the domain name of the website previously visited, the number of visits, average duration of visit, and pages viewed. These Cookies do not collect information that personally identifies you and only collect aggregated and anonymous information. Performance Cookies are used to improve the user-friendliness of a website and enhance your experience.
- Functionality Cookies.These Cookies allow the Theundergroundboston Services to remember choices you make (such as your username, language preference, or the area or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These Cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts, and other customizable parts of the Theundergroundboston Services. The information these Cookies collect may be anonymized, and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Web Beacons:“Web Beacons” (a.k.a. clear GIFs or pixel tags) are tiny graphic image files embedded in a web page or email that may be used to collect information about the use of the Theundergroundboston Services. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to analyze how many people are using the Theundergroundboston Services, using selected publishers’ websites, or opening emails, and for what purpose.
- Web Service Analytics:We may use third-party analytics services in connection with the Theundergroundboston Services, including, for example, to register mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity and text typed into the Theundergroundboston Services. We use the information collected from these services to help make the Theundergroundboston Services easier to use and as otherwise set forth in Section 5 (How We Use Your Information). These analytics services generally do not collect personal information unless you voluntarily provide it.
- Mobile Device Identifiers:As with other Tracking Tools, mobile device identifiers help Theundergroundboston learn more about our users’ demographics and Internet behaviors in order to personalize and improve the Theundergroundboston Services. Mobile device identifiers are data stored on mobile devices that may track activities occurring on and through it, as well as the applications installed on it. Mobile device identifiers enable collection of personal information (such as media access control, address, and location) and Traffic Data.
4.2. Behavioral Advertising
We may use a type of advertising commonly known as interest-based or online behavioral advertising. This means that some of our partners use Tracking Tools to collect information about a user’s online activities to display Theundergroundboston ads to the user based on the user’s interests (“Behavioral Advertising”). Our partners may include third-party advertisers and other third-party service providers, and such partners may collect information when you use the Theundergroundboston Services, such as IP address, mobile device ID, operating system, and demographic information. These Tracking Tools help Theundergroundboston learn more about our users’ demographics and Internet behaviors.
4.3. Options for Opting out of Cookies and Mobile Device Identifiers
If we process Cookies based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any point in time by contacting us at email@example.com . Please note, if you exercise this right, you may have to provide your consent on a case-by-case basis to enable you to utilize some or all of the Theundergroundboston Services.
You may be able to reject Cookies and/or mobile device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or device. Although you are not required to accept Theundergroundboston’s Cookies or mobile device identifiers, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all features available through the Theundergroundboston Services.
- You may opt out of receiving certain Cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt out page or the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) opt out page, or by installing the DAA’s AppChoice app (for iOS; for Android) on your mobile device. When you use these opt-out features, an “opt-out” Cookie will be placed on your device indicating that you do not want to receive interest-based advertising from NAI or DAA member companies. If you delete Cookies on your device, you may need to opt out again. For information about how to opt out of interest-based advertising on mobile devices, please visit http://www.applicationprivacy.org/expressing-your-behavioral-advertising-choices-on-a-mobile-device. You will need to opt out of each browser and device for which you desire to apply these opt-out features.
- Even after opting out of Behavioral Advertising, you may still see Theundergroundboston advertisements that are not interest-based (i.e., not targeted toward you). Also, opting out does not mean that Theundergroundboston is no longer using Tracking Tools. Theundergroundboston still may collect information about your use of the Theundergroundboston Services even after you have opted out of Behavioral Advertising and may still serve advertisements to you via the Theundergroundboston Services based on information it collects through the Theundergroundboston Services.
4.4. “Do Not Track” (DNT) and Universal Opt-Out Preference Signals
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that signals to web services that a visitor does not want to have their online activity and behavior tracked. If a web service operator elects to respond to a particular DNT signal, the web service operator may refrain from collecting certain personal information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and there is currently no industry consensus as to what constitutes a DNT signal. For these reasons, many web service operators, including Theundergroundboston, do not proactively respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
New standards are being developed for a Universal Opt-Out Mechanism, such as the Global Privacy Control (GPC), which allow users with GPC-enabled browsers and devices to send a signal that will communicate the user’s request to opt-out of sales of their personal information and to opt-out of certain sharing of their personal information. The CPRA and other laws allow for the acceptance of Opt-Out Preference Signals such as the GPC, as an option for users to transmit an Opt-Out of selling/sharing personal information. If we detect and recognize such a signal from your device or browser, we will honor it.
- How We Use Your Information
We do not engage in automated decision making. We may use information (including information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated) to better understand who uses the Theundergroundboston Services and how we can deliver a better user experience. We use information, including personal information, to provide the Theundergroundboston Services and to help improve the Theundergroundboston Services, to develop new services, and to advertise our services. Specifically, such use may include:
- Providing you with the products, services, and information you request.
- Corresponding with you.
- Providing, maintaining, administering, or expanding the Theundergroundboston Services, performing business analyses, and for other internal purposes.
- Tailoring and delivering targeted advertisements to you, including interest-based or online behavioral advertising.
- Auditing, research, and analysis to maintain, protect, and improve the Theundergroundboston Services.
- Ensuring the technical functions of our network.
- Improving and customizing the content and layout of the Theundergroundboston Services.
- Developing new products and services;
- Compiling personal information and other information collected through the Theundergroundboston Services on an aggregate basis.
- Fulfilling our legal obligations, such as preventing, detecting, and investigating security incidents, fraud, and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your personal information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you complete an online purchase we may collect your personal information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your personal information as we have a legitimate interest in maintaining your information after your transaction is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions about your order. As a result (and as permitted by applicable law), our collection and processing of your personal information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
We may compile non-personal information and de-identify and use personal information collected through the Theundergroundboston Services on an aggregate basis. This information may include, without limitation, the number of users who have registered for the Theundergroundboston Services and demographic information about users and usage of the Theundergroundboston Services. Such aggregate non-personal information does not identify you individually.
By providing your e-mail and/or phone number and checking a box, clicking the “complete” button, or some other affirmative act, you are consenting to receive e-mails and/or calls and text messages, including live, prerecorded, and/or automated calls and messages, to that email or phone number. After signing up, you will receive a confirmation e-mail or text message from Theundergroundboston on your mobile number. This agreement is not entered into as a term or requirement of any purchase or promotion. Normal message and data rates may apply. Message frequency may vary. Neither we nor the participating carriers guarantee that messages will be delivered. We may discontinue these programs at any time without notice.
- How We Share Your Information
In certain circumstances, and in order to perform the Theundergroundboston Services, we may share certain information about you as described in this section:
- In Connection with our Offerings. The Theundergroundboston Services involves the sharing of certain personal information collected through the Theundergroundboston Services with (i) other users of the Theundergroundboston Services, and (ii) as you otherwise provide your consent. Information which you upload, post, e-mail, submit or otherwise transmit in connection with the Theundergroundboston Services to a public message board, chat area or other public area of the Theundergroundboston Services will be made public to users of the Theundergroundboston Services, including certain metadata related to such activities (such as timestamps). You are solely responsible for any such personal information you choose to post on or through the Theundergroundboston Services. All information that is posted to a message board, chat area, or other public area of the Theundergroundboston Services may be shared by us with (i) other users of the Theundergroundboston Services, and (ii) as you otherwise provide your consent. Please be aware that anything you share publicly may be further shared by other users of the Theundergroundboston Services (for example, by emailing a screenshot of your post to non-users). We are not responsible for any such sharing of information you have shared publicly on the Theundergroundboston Services.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates.We may share personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Service Providers.We work with third parties that provide services on our behalf. Among other things, business partners may help us to administer and host our Theundergroundboston Services, assist or support our business operations, conduct surveys, provide technical support, conduct research and analysis, provide marketing services, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.. We may share personal information and non-personal with these service providers, vendors, sales brokers, and retail partners (and their service providers) for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services.
- Certain Transactions. We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through this Theundergroundboston Services to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
- Consent. We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
- Collection and Use of Sensitive Information
We have collected the following categories of sensitive personal information from consumers within the last twelve months:
- Government identifiers
- Complete account credentials
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Union membership
- Genetic data
- Mail, email, or text message contents
- Unique identifying biometric information
- Health, sex life, or sexual orientation
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for purposes other than those specified in the CCPA/CPRA.
- Storage and Security of Information
Any information you send to us electronically, while using the Theundergroundboston Services or otherwise interacting with us, may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us. Please be aware, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee “perfect security.” Any information you send us through any means is transmitted at your own risk.
- Your Choices
9.1 Information You Provide
You can choose whether or not to provide personal information through the Theundergroundboston Services. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights relating to your personal information and will not (i) deny you goods or services, (ii) provide you with a different level or quality of services, or (iii) charge you different prices for services for doing so.
9.2 California Privacy Rights
In the preceding 12 months, we collected and disclosed for a business purpose the following categories of personal information about California consumers:
|Category||Examples||Collected?||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers||Name, address, e-mail address, IP address||Yes||IT service management providers Email marketing website vendors Data analytics providers Security vendors Background check vendors Employment agencies or recruiting vendors|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute||Name, professional-related information; and employment-related information||Yes||IT service management providers Email marketing website vendors Data analytics providers Security vendors Background check vendors Employment agencies or recruiting vendors|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Name, age, citizenship, nationality, ancestry, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, proof of eligibility to work||Yes||IT service management providers Email marketing website vendors Data analytics providers Security vendors Background check vendors Employment agencies or recruiting vendors|
|Commercial Information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies||Yes||IT service management providers Email marketing website vendors Data analytics providers Business partners Product fulfillment partners|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with the Theundergroundboston Services||Yes||IT service management providers Email marketing website vendors Data analytics providers|
|Geolocation data||Location and movement data||Yes||IT service management providers Email marketing website vendors Data analytics providers Business partners|
|Professional or employment-related information||Proof of eligibility to work, resumé, other professional-related information and employment-related information||No||n/a|
|Biometric information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||No||n/a|
|Education Information||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf.||No||n/a|
|Inferences from the foregoing||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||Yes||IT service management providers Email marketing website vendors Data analytics providers Business partners|
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance;
- Advertising and marketing;
- To provide content
- To provide goods or services that have been purchased by you, for you, or on your behalf;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and exercising our related rights;
- Performing services (for us or our service provider);
- Internal research for technological improvement;
- Internal operations;
- Activities to maintain and improve our services; and
- Other one-time or short-term uses.
Sales of Personal Information. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have sold the following categories of personal information:
- Geolocation data
- Commercial Information
- Inferences drawn from other personal information
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
We sell your personal information to our business partners solely for the purposes of fulfilling your product orders and advertising.
Your Rights. If you are a California resident you may have the following rights under the CCPA/CPRA in relation to personal information we have collected about you, to the extent required by the CCPA/CPRA and subject to verification:
Right to Know/Access: The right to request certain information about our collection and use of personal information about you as described below:
- The specific pieces of your personal information collected.
- The categories of your personal information collected.
- The categories of sources from whom your personal information is collected.
- The purpose for collecting your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information.
Right to Delete: The right to request that we delete certain personal information we have about you.
Freedom from Discrimination: You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising any of your privacy rights.
Right to Correct: You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information regarding the information you provide us.
Right to Restrict the Use of Sensitive Personal Information: You have the right to restrict the use of your sensitive personal information.
Right to Access Information on Automated Decision-Making: You have the right to access information collected through automated decision-making. Additionally, you can opt-out of our use of automated decision-making related to your personal information.
To make a request in relation to the above rights, please contact us using the information in Section 14 below. To fulfill your request, we will need to verify your identity. Only you or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf may make a request related to your personal information. To designate an authorized agent, the authorized agent must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you authorize them to act on your behalf.
9.3 Canada, European Union and United Kingdom Privacy Rights
If our processing of your personal information is subject to GDPR, UKGDPR, and/or PIPEDA, and unless subject to an exemption, you may have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- To request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller.
- To request we correct any personal information about you.
- To request your personal information be erased when no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- To withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information.
- To request a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal information, to request a restriction be placed on further processing.
- To object to the processing of personal information (where applicable).
- To lodge a complaint with a data supervisory authority.
We will need to verify your identity to process any requests described in this Section and may deny your request if we are unable to verify your identity. Government or other identification may be required.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), when we process your personal information, we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your information to perform our responsibilities under our agreement with you.
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information. For example, we may process your personal information to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about the Theundergroundboston Services, and to provide and improve the Theundergroundboston Services.
- We have your consent to do so.
If your personal data is subject to GDPR or UK GDPR, we will transfer personal data from the EEA to a location outside the EEA only when there has been a documented adequacy determination, or where we have confirmed adequate privacy protections. If your personal data is subject to PIPEDA, we will transfer personal data from Canada to locations outside Canada only where we have confirmed adequate privacy protections. If we transfer personal data to a third party acting as our agent, we will also obligate the third party to have adequate privacy protections in place.
- How Long We Retain Your Information
We retain personal information about you for as long as necessary to provide you the Theundergroundboston Services. In some cases, we retain personal information for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. Afterwards, we retain some information in a de-identified and/or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
- Information Provided on Behalf of Children and Others
- Third Party Web Services
- Contact Us